About me

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Taxes

There are some pros and cons about Finnish tax system. Cons are they are pretty high, which means you earn gross a nice sum of money, but a real amount landing to your bank account doesn't make you that happy. Basically they cut out well over 30 percent. But this is at least for a reason and you can see the benefits quite often. For example I had a doctor appointment recently. A control visit. And the thing was that particular doctor doesn't speak English, but she has arranged a translator for me. So here came a lady who was translating simultaneously. And this is for free. And this is, what I've learned, my right to ask for such a person in similar situations, for example if I don't understand teachers from my kids day care or school. Cool. Other pros are of course all those KELA services that is the benefits I get as a stay at home mom or what we will apply for the next year - a private day care allowance. But another maybe small but nice thing is the tax office actually makes all the taxes for you and sends you a ready to sign papers. So your only duty is to check if you agree and put your signature on it and send back. Cool, right!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.