About me

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Morning sickness

Well, yes, this is what makes my life unbearable for the last two weeks. And I'd be glad and happy if that would be only MORNING sickness. But this is all day long sickness, which makes me feel hopeless and miserable. On the weekends it's easier, Adam is taking care of everything, but during the week no matter how I feel I am still a mother. Wanda wants to play, so I sit with her and pretend to participate in whatever she does. She needs to eat and me too, but every opening of the refrigerator makes me sick even more. I just can't stand all those odors! Everything smells horrible of rotten food or else. So I'm struggling every day. Struggling with those stench, struggling with a tiredness and struggling with nausea. And please don't ask me, if I'm happy expecting a second baby. There is nothing like happiness in me now. But we always wanted to have two kids and the time was just now. We've finally settled down, Wanda is two and a half and those a bit more than three years of age difference seems perfect and my age tells me it's the right moment and I don't have that much more years to decide for a baby and finally now it's perfect time cause I don't work so I don't have to give up my career as it was when I was pregnant with Wanda. And I hope after another couple of years, when the second one will be two or three I'll start my own life again. *** I already was on my first pregnancy appointment. And I'm gonna tell you how it works in Finland. Pretty different than in the US and I guess different than in Poland. So, here there is a special nurse - nevula, who takes care of you while you are pregnant and after delivery she takes care of the newborn baby. But she's not a gynecologist either she's not a midwife. So during my first visit she didn't check if I am really pregnant. We've made just lots of paperwork and she explained me everything how it works here. So I will have one ultrasound in a hospital around 10-13 weeks to check for all those diseases like Down syndrome and other chromosomes. This is not obligatory, but of course I chose to have all the possible tests. And the second ultrasound is after week 20 to check if the baby develops OK and if this is he or she. My second appointment with the nevula will be only between 22 and 28 weeks and more often only after the week 30. So a little less medicalized than in the States, where every time I saw a doctor and my visits were every month and they checked the heartbeat and the size of my belly. Well, I don't know, I hope here they do know what to do.

4 comments:

  1. ola , gratuluje ! i mam nadzieje ze wkrotce poczujesz sie lepiej.
    ten system przypomina mi anglie , dwa usg , do poloznej co 7-8 tygodni , dbanie o siebie ,i widzimy sie podczas porodu . w sumie dobrze :) nie za bardzo podoba mi sie traktowanie ciazy w polsce np jako choroby i latania do lekarza co chwile, trzymaj sie !!!!! buzka , aga _d

    ReplyDelete
  2. dzieki Aga. z dnia na dzien jest lepiej, choc sennosc wciaz meczy. pozdrawiam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gratulujemy !! ;-) Ściskamy Was serdecznie wszystkich... czworo!! Trzymamy kciuki za rozwój małego Jukka-Pekka ;-) albo Miikki ;-) ew. Maatti ;-)
    Ściskamy
    Asia, Tomek i Antek

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. e tam, znajac Gulanow, to bedzie Irena albo powiedzmy Gwidon ;) Dobre sugestie, czy nie? ;)

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.