This last month past fast and I don't know how it's possible, but in a few days we will have April. I was sick, kids were sick, many days at home, mix of nice, sunny spring weather and awful grey, cold and wet condition, but somehow day after day, with no special events, went by. I was quite busy because of planing my future work. I went to pass a Finnish language test to determine what level am I. Not high, it is A1.3 exactly what I should be after those two semesters of my course, but at least not lower. It means I have learned what I was suppose to. Not bad. I started to search the Internet to look for job for myself. Not sure what I would like to do though. Big corporations? Some ngo's or some smaller companies? Maybe. I don't have a very precise idea, what kind of job I could do here. Still lots of mind work for myself. And actually because of that I am again, after years of denying it to myself, more and more eager to go back to writing, to journalism. Whenever I think about me working, I see myself it that role. I always liked my profession, I used to be good in it, so why changing my career path? And actually being quite independent, not having the strict office hours is good for me in our current family situation. Well, I don't know, I will try to apply to some selected places in Helsinki, where I feel I could fit and maybe will try again with Polish media.
My full insight into my simple life in Finland as an expat, a woman and a mother
Sunday, March 29, 2015
Prespring remarks about myself
This last month past fast and I don't know how it's possible, but in a few days we will have April. I was sick, kids were sick, many days at home, mix of nice, sunny spring weather and awful grey, cold and wet condition, but somehow day after day, with no special events, went by. I was quite busy because of planing my future work. I went to pass a Finnish language test to determine what level am I. Not high, it is A1.3 exactly what I should be after those two semesters of my course, but at least not lower. It means I have learned what I was suppose to. Not bad. I started to search the Internet to look for job for myself. Not sure what I would like to do though. Big corporations? Some ngo's or some smaller companies? Maybe. I don't have a very precise idea, what kind of job I could do here. Still lots of mind work for myself. And actually because of that I am again, after years of denying it to myself, more and more eager to go back to writing, to journalism. Whenever I think about me working, I see myself it that role. I always liked my profession, I used to be good in it, so why changing my career path? And actually being quite independent, not having the strict office hours is good for me in our current family situation. Well, I don't know, I will try to apply to some selected places in Helsinki, where I feel I could fit and maybe will try again with Polish media.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Trzymam kciuki za Twoj powrót do dziennikarstwa!
ReplyDeletedzieki kochana :)
Delete