The climate in Finland always amazes me. It is a country of actually two seasons. Winter and summer. Unfortunately the latter is quite short. But is just has begun. Last Saturday it came. So suddenly because still two weeks ago it was cold enough to wear winter clothes or freeze in spring outfit (lying to ourselves that it is May and we should wear the light jacket). Even last week the temperatures were not above 10C. And all of the sudden - baah! Saturday plus twenty something and sunny. Hot! And as always I am totally surprised and unprepared. For Tomek I don't have any light clothes. My cowboy boots and rain boots are still proudly standing at the corridor. Now I was busy looking for a sun screen for the kids. Bizarre weather. There was no spring. It was cold, cold, cold and then one day just came the heat. No, I am not complaining at all. I love this heat! It's just I have to adjust so quickly. Take out summer clothes, buy some for my little boy, check for Wanda's dresses if she needs something new. Last Saturday we went for a bike trip. Lovely. It was only around our area. We biked to Vikki and Latokartano. But I was again surprised how nice is the architecture in those neighborhoods. All new buildings, new school and sport hall plus outdoor area, beautiful green area nicely arranged with a stream flowing through it. I really admire the Finns for their architecture and design. There were some wooden houses, semi-detached, with huge all wall high windows and terraces. Very natural, modest but modern. So, my Helsinki looks again beautiful and alive. We need to enjoy it now and quickly and with lots of good energy before the next cold season comes.
You were right about the sudden change of weather. I didn't think it would get warm this quickly. But I love this sunny and hot weather :) Also a good chance to go explore around as you did with the kids.
ReplyDelete