I started today. Or actually yesterday when I went to do some Christmas groceries. And so now I'm cooking all the parts for barszcz that is out traditional soup eaten on Christmas Eve. You have to cook separately onions and beet roots with vegies and wild mushrooms. After that you combine all three stock and at the end you add some red wine, black pepper etc. I'm going to freeze those stock so that I don't stand in my apron on Christmas Eve. I'm also going to bake a cheese cake, actually not very Polish version, because it's going to be a New York cheese cake, but I love it and it is very festive cake. Oh, over the weekend I will have to make all the special dumplings stuffed with wild mushrooms and again freeze them. You serve them together with the barszcz. Then some more shopping, that is some herrings and other fish. My parents will bring some things from Poland. I have all decorations for the Christmas tree. The only thing which is missing is the snow. There is zero of it. Today the weather is more like pre-spring with a very heavy wind, blue sky and sun and plus 5C. I remember last year it was at least 20 centimeters snow and it was snowing every day. It was crazy moving around by car or pushing the stroller but it was also so beautiful. I wish the snow will come soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.