About me

Thursday, June 7, 2012

appreciating my simple life

Yes, appreciating and no complaining what we have in our life. What I've got in my life now. Couple days ago I thought about spending some time by my parents, in Gdansk, in their apartment. And the only thing I was thinking about was the memory from the last year, when I couldn't sleep through the night only because of the horrible noise coming from the early hours from outside. And from the heat in the room, cause the windows are to the East. So, either I had noise and sleepless night but some fresh air or I had the heat and a little bit of quiet time. And my problems with falling asleep cause some drunkards were screaming outside coming back from the party. And the traffic jam all around the city, so wherever you want to go it takes you forever and it's impossible to be on time. And today in the morning my husband said if I remember Old Delhi and the atmosphere there. Oh yeah, I do remember very well, but I guess in a totally different context then he does. Because whenever I think about that place and whole Delhi in general, I think how hard the life there is, how hard it must be for women like me. With the noise, with the crowd, with the heat all year round. And when I compare my quiet, safe and comfy life here in Helsinki, I'm really happy to be here and now. I think how high is the standard of living in this country, how easy and uncomplicated the life is. You don't have to be extremely rich to have this high living standard, to have nice and quiet apartment and nice neighbors. And still I'm talking about living not in the best and most expensive part of the town. Of course you have in Finland such incidents as the shooting in Hyvinkaa (a small town near Helsinki), what was so horrible and sad but still the Finnish citizens consider themselves very happy and Finland was ranked recently the second happiest country in the world (first is Denmark - no wonder actually). So, if I complain on the cold weather or snow in April or +10C in June it is just to say something and not to be all the time so ridiculously joyful and too American :). And it is also for the people in Poland (tongue in cheek), who just need to complain all the time about everything (and especially how poor they are).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.