My full insight into my simple life in Finland as an expat, a woman and a mother
Monday, March 26, 2012
Waiting...
... and waiting. And waiting. For S-P-R-I-N-G to come. This year the first warm days came so early all over the Europe - at least this is what we've heard from families, friends and other people living southern from Finland. But here winter still rules. Looking through the windows from our apartment I can see only snow. In a front of the building there is a little hill - all made from snow (otherwise the surface is flat) and the playground covered with a thick snowy blanket. Wanda loves to play there, climbing that hill and sliding down. Cool! But maybe not necessarily by the end of March. At least for me. And in the middle of this white snowy yard there is still a X-mass tree standing proud just two weeks before Easter. I wonder if someone will remove it before we start coloring eggs... This weekend we've got another little wintery gift - a new snow came overnight and on Sunday morning some kids made a snowman. Thank you.
Today I've met some girls who live in Helsinki for some years now. I asked them if this year's winter is typical. I didn't get a promising answer. They said it's rather mild. One of the girls remembered a season when she shoveled snow from her backyard still in April...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hi alekandra, i was heart broke waking to sunday mornings snow cover. i've had enough! all my family back home keep telling me about their warm weather and it is getting to me! spring is coming here, well some time :) hopefully sooner than later. hang in there!
ReplyDeletexo
yes, hopefully sooner... by now I think your minestrone soup is a great idea for a comforting late winter dinner. have to try!
DeleteDid you hear that it's gonna snow again this weekend? I kinda hoped this would be it now with winter. But I'm afraid we have to keep being patient.
ReplyDeleteBut eventually summer will come and as they said in one of the image films of University of Helsinki "In Finland it's as delicious as it gets." So I'm sure it's worth waiting.
Don't tell me! no! and yesterday and today I've already smelled spring air! And snow is melting so fast suddenly, so I wanted to announce that spring is coming, but maybe I'll wait couple more days :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the positive thought though, we all need it! cheers!