About me

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Snowing, snowing, snowing...

Is there any other place in Europe where snow has come? We enjoy new snow fall almost every day. On the roadsides there are already huge piles of snow. Many roads are white and so are sidewalks. It is really hard to push the stroller (but I have to take it when I commute to the day care - it's more convenient and it's free). Otherwise we ride the sledge. It's my first real winter since 2005 I guess - that is from the time we moved to the States. And I don't complain. It's cold, below zero, but not below -10C, so you can survive outside for a little while. And for the first time since we moved to Myllypuro I like this neighborhood. You don't have traffic here only broad promenades - now all white. And you have those pine trees - all cover with thick snowy blankets. And walking those promenades you can easily reach the woods. On the weekend we went there and Wanda was looking for a fox and there was a little brook murmuring softly. Well, again idillic? No. But pretty nice though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.