About me

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Big moments

While time's passing by we're slowly becoming a part of the society. Being a parent makes this assimilation even easier and faster. Comparing to our life in the States, before Wanda was born, I was living there like an outcast on a remote island. I was busy with my writing and I was completely out of the society - I wasn't working for any American employer, I didn't know any people, I felt like I could have leave that place any day and change for any other on the planet Earth. Wanda made me feel in HP like at home. And so it happens here in Helsinki. You learn the society from meeting other moms, from having your child in a day care, from things like doctor's appointments for flu shots or other issues and so on and so forth.
One of such moments we had last Saturday.

It was in the morning. Wanda with all the other kids from the day care had a performance in one of the biggest venues in Helsinki - in Finlandia Hall - designed by Alvar Aalto, the famous Finnish architect. I knew for a long time about this Christmas concert, but I first thought the kids will be the audience not the artists. But the latter was true. So, there it was. Dozens of kids in costumes ages two to six on that big stage with all the staff running around. There was the music, lights, cameras and excitement. Big moment for the kids and perhaps even bigger for the parents watching from afar. They were singing and dancing, which was so funny sometimes. The little kids were constantly forgetting what to do and when, but the preschool ones were quite good. And there was our Wanda with other toddlers - they looked so small. We were so proud of her, that she made it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.